Saturday, January 26, 2008

Blue Rodeo

3 weeks into the tour,11 cities, 5 pedals, 4 dresses& one broken thumb. This month I am one member of Luke Doucet & the White Falcon. You know that sexy white guitar that plays the starring role in Luke's new record Blood's Too Rich? The one that was designed to look like a whores wedding & was Neil Young's Crazy Horse baby? That's the Falcon & now that's us. Opening for Blue Rodeo across Canada has been a dream. The first night, they invited us up on stage for Lost Together & Greg threw the 3rd verse my way on a whim. Luckily Luke had the lyrics scrawled across his arm. He held them up in front of me as I sang my grateful heart out. Later on, on the bus Greg looks at me and says 'after all those nights making out with your boyfriend under the skyway bridge & you still don't know my goddamn lyrics??'. I've since memorized all my parts & added a few more BR songs to my repertoire along the way. It's been a fantasy come true to be up there singing with such legendary Canadiana dudes. Aside from being Luke's guitar slingin' backup singin' gal I've been writing away. I'm ready to make my next record & I'm starting to panic at the realization that this is happening a bit late. It's tricky business trying to find the means, so cross your fingers for me & keep your ears open. New music is on its way. Oh, and that broken thumb. We had a day off in Banff. Luke's not such a great skier. But thank our lucky stars, he can still rip it up on guitar, cast & all. The show must go on. Toodaloo, from Regina.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home